Tropical Writing Retreat in Puerto Rico!
Stroll back from snorkeling at your perfect beach, rinse the sand off your toes in our outdoor shower, and relax in the cool, ocean breezes while you barbecue in our beautiful backyard and cabana. Enjoy morning coffee on the front porch with the sound of waves lapping on the beach. Or with just a few steps go for a morning dip or walk on the beach.
When not writing, your biggest problem will be to decide whether to swim/snorkel over the gorgeous reef, nap in the hammock or sightseeing. You can have a pleasant evening in, catching the spectacular sunset on the beach and listening to the song of the coquis, the native Puerto Rican tree frogs. Or experience the fresh seafood and other local delights at one of the many waterfront restaurants. Bring a desire to relax and have fun – we supply everything else! Rincon is known as the “Town of Beautiful Sunsets”. It is a relaxing, tropical paradise on the west coast of Puerto Rico. With everything you need for a charcuterie board, beach friendly wine glasses and chairs make your way to the gorgeous sunset.
Rincon’s unique location lets you enjoy the tranquil Caribbean, as well as the waves of the Atlantic at the many surf breaks. And our unique location lets you enjoy the best of Rincon. Beaches abound, and we have everything you need for a great day in the sun. Why choose The Coral Casa? Because you need this vacation, and we want you to love it!
TOTAL COST: $200 Per Night
1. One or two daily guided writing sessions with prompts and encouragement. A critique for a thousand-word section of your writing given in the tradition of Word Weavers. (The Sandwich Method)
2. Your guide to all the best spots by a person familiar with the island and vibe.
3. Continental breakfast.
4. A two-hour sunset cruise on a catamaran which includes hors-d’oeuvres and cocktails.
5. Your rental car including pickup from Aguadilla Airport (BQN) or Mayaguez Airport (MAZ) and drop off at the end of your stay.
6. Your stay in a gated corner property located one block from the Caribbean Ocean in Rincon, Puerto Rico.
7. The Coral Casa is a beautifully appointed 3-bedroom home (King bed, Double bed, 2 twin beds), living room and fully equipped kitchen.
8. Includes two full baths (1outside shower and bathroom) Linens and bath towels. Basic toiletries also included
9. You’ll be able to walk to Rincon’s artsy downtown and many restaurants.
10. There are ceiling fans in every room and mini splits for comfort cooling.
11. You’ll enjoy a big yard with covered cabana, and plenty of natural shade perfect for outdoor dining, hammocking and grilling.
12. With beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, cooler, 3 sets of snorkel gear all provided.
13. A gas grill, four hammocks and outdoor dining tables and chairs to enjoy morning coffee or dinner outside in the ever-present sea breeze.
2. Surfboard repair fees: individuals will fill out their own surfboard rental contract and will be responsible to care for their board during the trip including repairs needed.
3. Cleaning fee: 35.00 per person per trip (this does NOT include dishes)
DECEMBER 1ST-DECEMBER 6th
6 in stock
To be determined
6 in stock
“I highly recommend this experience"
I attended a writers retreat with Laurel last spring. This was my first writers retreat and first time to Puerto Rico. I’ve attended multiple writers conferences, but this trip was focused solely on rest and writing. We ate amazing food and experienced the beauty of Puerto Rico with someone who knows the best restaurants and waves (for those who surf.) Laurel’s bungalow is located only a block from the water and allows you to really experience local living. The schedule for the retreat allowed for writing and play. I highly recommend this experience.
“I had the time of my life”
I had the time of my Life when I attended the writers retreat with Laurel in Rincon, Puerto Rico. The accommodations were cozy and relaxing. I enjoyed the spontaneous walks on the beach. And the opportunity to experience the food and culture with an excellent hostess. Our workshops were thought provoking and productive. The writing prompts practice stuck with me and I use it in my everyday writing practice to help me grow. I would highly recommend this writers retreat to every writer I know.