Tropical Writing Retreat in Puerto Rico!
If I just had a block of time dedicated to writing… It’s true, time is often the biggest obstacle to reaching our writing goals or hitting our deadlines. Whether it’s fiction or memoir, first draft or final edit, on this retreat you will enjoy the structure, accountability and support for your writing to flourish. You’ll be guided through writing prompts and encouraged to take your next step from an experienced fellow writer. Together we will talk writing opportunities, agent searches and publishing strategies while enjoying a tropical paradise. Stroll back from snorkeling at the perfect beach, rinse the sand off your toes in the outdoor shower, and relax in the cool ocean breezes while you plot your next scene. Enjoy morning coffee on the front porch with the sound of waves lapping on the beach.
Creativity needs room to breathe and frolic.
When not writing, your biggest problem will be to decide whether to stand-up paddleboard over the gorgeous reef, nap in the hammock or explore beautiful Rincon. Spend a pleasant evening in our beautiful backyard cabana or experience the fresh seafood and other local delights at one of the many waterfront restaurants. Bring a desire to write, relax and have fun – we supply everything else!
Why choose the Coral Casa Writing Retreat? Because you need this, and we want you to love it!
TOTAL COST: $175 Per Night
1. One or two daily guided writing sessions with prompts and encouragement. A critique for a thousand-word section of your writing given in the tradition of the Sandwich Method
2. Your guide to all the best spots by a person familiar with the island and vibe.
3. Continental breakfast.
4. A two-hour sunset cruise on a catamaran which includes hors-d’oeuvres and cocktails.
5. Your rental car including pickup from Aguadilla Airport (BQN) or Mayaguez Airport (MAZ) and drop off at the end of your stay.
6. Your stay in a gated corner property located one block from the Caribbean Ocean in Rincon, Puerto Rico.
7. The Coral Casa is a beautifully appointed 3-bedroom home (King bed, Double bed, 2 twin beds), living room and fully equipped kitchen.
8. Includes two full baths (1outside shower and bathroom) Linens and bath towels. Basic toiletries also included
9. You’ll be able to walk to Rincon’s artsy downtown and many restaurants.
10. There are ceiling fans in every room and mini splits for comfort cooling.
11. You’ll enjoy a big yard with covered cabana, and plenty of natural shade perfect for outdoor dining, hammocking and grilling.
12. With beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, cooler, 3 sets of snorkel gear all provided.
13. A gas grill, four hammocks and outdoor dining tables and chairs to enjoy morning coffee or dinner outside in the ever-present sea breeze.
2. Surfboard repair fees: individuals will fill out their own surfboard rental contract and will be responsible to care for their board during the trip including repairs needed.
3. Cleaning fee: 30.00 per person per trip
March 1st-March 6th
4 in stock
March 7th-March 12th
4 in stock
“I highly recommend this experience"
I attended a writers retreat with Laurel last spring. This was my first writers retreat and first time to Puerto Rico. I’ve attended multiple writers conferences, but this trip was focused solely on rest and writing. We ate amazing food and experienced the beauty of Puerto Rico with someone who knows the best restaurants and waves (for those who surf.) Laurel’s bungalow is located only a block from the water and allows you to really experience local living. The schedule for the retreat allowed for writing and play. I highly recommend this experience.
“I had the time of my life”
I had the time of my Life when I attended the writers retreat with Laurel in Rincon, Puerto Rico. The accommodations were cozy and relaxing. I enjoyed the spontaneous walks on the beach. And the opportunity to experience the food and culture with an excellent hostess. Our workshops were thought provoking and productive. The writing prompts practice stuck with me and I use it in my everyday writing practice to help me grow. I would highly recommend this writers retreat to every writer I know.