Surf Trip to Puerto Rico!
These are small footprint surf retreats. With only four guests per trip, it allows us to respect the hosts of this island paradise and to make the most of our visit.
When not surfing, your biggest problem will be to decide whether to swim/snorkel over the gorgeous reef, nap in the hammock or sightseeing. Stroll back from snorkeling at your perfect beach, rinse the sand off your toes in our outdoor shower, and relax in the cool, ocean breezes while you barbecue in our beautiful backyard and cabana. Enjoy an evening cerveza on the front porch with the sound of waves lapping on the beach. Or with just a few steps go for an evening dip or walk on the beach. You can have a pleasant evening in, catching the spectacular sunset on the beach and listening to the song of the coquis, the native Puerto Rican tree frogs. Or experience the fresh seafood and other local delights at one of the many waterfront restaurants. Bring a desire to relax and have fun – we supply everything else! Rincon is known as the “Town of Beautiful Sunsets”. It is a relaxing, tropical paradise on the west coast of Puerto Rico. With everything you need for a charcuterie board, beach friendly wine glasses and chairs, make your way to the gorgeous sunset.
Rincon’s unique location lets you enjoy the tranquil Caribbean, as well as the waves of the Atlantic at the many surf breaks. And our unique location lets you enjoy the best of Rincon. Surf spots abound, and we have everything you need for a great day in the waves.
Why choose The Coral Casa? Because you need this vacation, and we want you to love it!
TOTAL COST: $899.00 (Early Bird until Sept 30th 799.00)
1. Your driver and guide to all the best surf spots by a person familiar with the breaks, conditions, and the vibe.
2. Continental breakfast
3. Includes your board rental
4. Your rental car including pickup from Aguadilla Airport (BQN) or Mayaguez Airport (MAZ) and drop off at the end of your stay.
5. Your stay in a gated corner property located one block from the Caribbean Ocean in Rincon, Puerto Rico.
6. The Coral Casa is a beautifully appointed 3-bedroom home (King bed, Double bed, 2 twin beds), living room and fully equipped kitchen.
7. Includes two full baths (1outside shower and bathroom) Linens and bath towels. Basic toiletries also included
8. You’ll be able to walk to Rincon’s artsy downtown and many restaurants.
9. There are ceiling fans in every room and mini splits for comfort cooling.
10. You’ll enjoy a big yard with covered cabana, and plenty of natural shade perfect for outdoor dining, hammocking and grilling.
11. With beach towels, beach chairs, umbrellas, cooler, 3 sets of snorkel gear all provided.
12. A gas grill, four hammocks and outdoor dining tables and chairs to enjoy morning coffee or dinner outside in the ever-present sea breeze.
2. Surfboard repair fees: individuals will fill out their own surfboard rental contract and will be responsible to care for their board during the trip.
"A crash course in living a life you love"
“I’d head back to the Coral Casa in a heartbeat. I usually travel solo and didn’t really understand what a “retreat” was when I signed up. At Laurel’s house it means being escorted to pick out the perfect board and then to a wave suited to your skill level and preferred schedule, first light included. (Don’t worry, she’s already checked the conditions.) If it’s flat or firing a bit too hard, you can walk less than a block to snorkel or SUP. Be sure to watch for manatees and whales breaching on the horizon. It means a morning meal plan of simple, wholesome foods incorporating tropical flavors like papaya and coconut. (I could live on her overnight oats.) It means being shown the best restaurants in town and hitting happy hours for even more reasonable pricing. It means spending time with the lovely Laurel and taking a crash course in living a life you love.
"Laurel's place is awesome"
Laurel is a great host to have since she knows the area so well and could show us all the local surf breaks and where to get good food. Overall it was a really relaxing stay and cool experience to get some warm waves in winter.
"I highly recommend a surf trip with Laurel"
“When you’re out in the water together she gives great pointers on how to improve and will push you to be the best you can be. Furthermore, Laurel is very knowledgeable about the area and will drive you to the best daily surf spot, depending on the swell/wind each day. After surfing it’s always time for some delicious food followed by relaxing at her house which is complete with multiple hammocks for a nice afternoon nap.